Saturday 27 March 2010

When you just got to Say Thank You

for saving your life............
 I am sorry to have not posted anything this week, not that you would have missed me as there are so many fabulous blogs out there to keep your interest, but apologise any way.

The first two days of this week were atrocious, and I never ever want to put myself in the same situation again.  I am still as I type recalling from the place I put myself.  I hope that those of you who travel, will read this and remember it, and never put yourself in the same risk category. Thinking back now I was so stupid.

I needed to visit Newcastle on Monday and on Tuesday Hartlepool.  I thought that if I left the house at 6.30am I would arrive at 9.30am work from 10am till 3pm and then travel home, arriving in at 6pm, enough time to eat, rest and get a good early night ready for the next day. I had the opportunity of sleeping over in a lovely hotel, I thought I knew better.

I admit on the last leg on the return journey on Monday I was a little tired but I got home ok.  Had tea, rested and went to bed early.  Got up as planned and left at the same time, and did the same thing.  I had driven to different locations in those areas during the day too.  I left half an hour behind but this would not have mattered either way.  I was already tired from the day before.  So coming home was a mountain to climb.  Driving long distance on your own in this state is very very bad, I had pulled over several times and had caffeine shots and coffees (probably overdosed)  I felt more tired when I was warm, so wound down the window.  The car music made it worse, so turned that off.  Needless to say I did not make it home on my own.  

I have a rather wonderful husband who when I called became my knight in shining armour.  He jumped into action and asked the neighbour to drive him to my location. Where I was locked in my car in the dark, shaking uncontrollably and feeling really really ill and extremely exhausted.  I was safe, the car was in one piece and my bed called me immediately.  I was very lucky.

I thank my son, who sat in the car with me on Wednesday to pop into work, to get some bits to allow me to work from home, and also for sitting with me whilst I drove on Thursday to Bridlington to invigilate an exam.  I love the way he made me get on the motorway again, thanks Mike xx ( I know it was sooooooooo boring for him but I could not have done this without him.

This card is for my neighbour Paul, who without his help I would not have got home.  Thank you Paul you and my dearest Matt are literally life savers.  I am rather emotional as I right this but feel I must to remind you all of dangers. Please be careful out there as you work, life is so very precious.

So here is the card, made with lots of love and attention, which I am entering into the following challenges

Fab 'n' Funky Challenge 16 - it is all in the technique.  The technique I have used is to use a glue stamp to add a border image to the main image and then add glitter to frame it so beautifully. 

The Pixie Cottage Challenge 12  - Circles - I think I got carried away, but nicely with it.

Cute Card Thursday Challenge - Dimensions - I have used the flowers to give a lovely height to the card, hope it fits in the envelope, normally when I do this, they don't.

The card is made using a cream base card stock from stash, I used the same card stock and the scalloped circle nestie, for more of the circles.  The green papers are from Papermania Capsule Collection this one is Verde Paper Pack by Tina Higgins. I got this and some other little bits on my trip to Teeside Park on Tuesday (Hobby Craft), before heading for a coffee to start the day. The flowers are from a local store and the large one from a previous shop at Hobby Craft in Hull. The pearls are from Running with scissor or The Hobby House (see where I shop link)

The close up of the copic coloured bear with his little note
 and the dimensional floral display
 I also created this Male birthday card and just needed to use this lovely house mouse image as so far (get this I had not inked him up)
Holographic silver foil base card, "Marshmallow Bounce" is the name of the House Mouse Stamp, this one from Tilly's (see where I shop link)  The papers are again Mono paper pack, Papermania by Tina Higgins.  Loving these papers, got several mono colour schemes.  Cannot wait to try the other two.

and a close up of the copic coloured image
 Well running along from the above warning, I was up early this morning to see the sun and my husband off to his fishing match,  I am still very very tired, so off for a lunch time nap.  Should be able to get another card done with another new stamp after that and really looking forward to inking her up.

Please take care of yourselves and thank you for your recent lovely comments, your all so wonderful.

Hugs  Kate xx

11 comments:

maddy hill said...

huh hum ... i read your blog mrs ! lol ....
what a horrific experince ! im glad your safe and sound now xxx i once broke down (in tears) travelling a 8 hours and that was on the train !!!
too busy and there had been delays too ..
you are indeed lucky , and lucky to have such a lovely nieghbour too xx
and what a gorgeous card for him !
im sure he will love it .
hugs and take care !! lol
maddy x

sam21ski said...

Oh no Kate, how awful for you, but hopefully it's taught you a lesson and made you think......next time, stay over or have a days break inbetween jouneys xxxx

Lindsey said...

Oh Kate, poor you. Hope you are feeling fully recovered now?
Beautiful cards as usual
Lindsey xx

Unknown said...

Kate what a terrible ordeal!
But what a lovely card! Thanks for playing at the Pixie Cottage

Ginny said...

gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at FnF :0)

Risa said...

Hi Kate,
I am so glad to know that you made it home safely and that all is well. Thanks goodness for your wonderful neighbor and loving and supporting family!
Both of your cards are beautiful! I absolutely love everything about them!
Thanks for joining us at TPC!
hugs
Risa:)

Ruth Philps said...

Kate you did the most sensible thing by pulling over and phoning for help. Think of how many people carry on driving until they fall asleep behind the wheel!!

The card is cute and your house of mouse image is impeccibly coloured in WOW!!!!!

Glad to hear you are OK...I haven't driven on the motoway since the accident in November but I still make it to Immingham to Tillys craft shop and back!!

Sandra H. said...

Your cards are beautiful!! I am glad you had a happy ending to your story!

Deb said...

so glad you made it home in once piece thanks to your family and neighbour! Gorgeous cards too, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

Anne said...

Your cards are beautiful! Good to hear a happy ending =)
Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage!

Hugs, Anne

artish said...

good golly, glad you're ok!
so thoughtful of you to make him a wonderful thank you! thank you for playing in the circle challenge at the pixie cottage!
**very nicely carried away! love it!

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10