Friday 2 July 2010

Lets Get Punchy Winter Wonderland DT Card

Good morning ladies/gents
Wow what a busy week I have had, on catch up from last weekends trips, but well worth it.  Would like to start by saying thank you to ABC Christmas Challenge and especially Jayne as I won her hidden half way blog hop candy, whoop whoop :)

Also before I go much further I would like to welcome Jan to my little section of blog land, thank you for your lovely comment.

I would also like to thank all of those lovely crafting people who take the time to leave a comment on my blog, I enjoy reading all your comments which are so inspiring and enjoy also hopping over to see you too.

I really enjoyed blog hopping and leaving comments on all those lovely entries into my first ever host challenge.
So today sees the beginning of the next challenge at Winter Wonderland and this weeks theme is "Punch It Out" which is hosted by my teamie Danielle.  The sponsor for this week is Bunny Zoe and what a fabulous prize.
Hope you have popped to see the other DT creations there are some wonderfully inspiring work as always.

So here is my creation for this week.
So lets see, this is MME papers I believe.  With an MS double loop edge punch used on the horizontal strip.  Also along this strip I used a new technique picked up at the glitter stall at Stamp Magic.  I placed a piece of double sided tap along and then added the glitter shaking off the excess, it makes a lovely change to a ribbon.  I also punched out the flowers and also glittered them up, glittered up the brad too.  Glittered all edges.  Used the self embossing Nellie Die to create the round sentiment and placed this on top of a nestie circle.  This is a  Gillian Roberts clear stamp coloured with copics on manga board.  The top double loops is the corner MS punch.  I used gold to emboss the MSE sentiment.  I ran my finger under all the loops to raise them for depth.  So much glitter but it is such pretty glitter.

So the challenge combo is

Mojo Monday Challenge using the Square Sketch
Magical Crafts Fortnightly Challenge whose theme is flower power

Allsorts Challenge whose them is Embossing

Just Cute Bears Challenge - who have an open theme

A Spoonful of Sugar - whose theme is Animal Crackers

Stampavie and More - whose theme is Sparkling

Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge - Christmas in July

Think that is it..........

Well Mr Blogger will as usual post this for me whilst I am at work and I as always will come home from work to link to the challenges.

So welcome to the weekend and hope you all get lots of time to play especially those ladies that have been shopping at the Stamp Magic show or who have won via Mr Blogger in some way.

I will get extra time this weekend as Matt is off to a fishing match :) although he might get wet :(

Hugs Kate xx

13 comments:

Miria said...

Hi, Kate. Nice new challenge and lovely new card! Hugs. Miria

Unknown said...

As always Kate this is gorgeous xx

sam21ski said...

Lovely card Kate, great colours

Enjoy playing with your new stash xxxx

Danielle said...

Such a delightful card Kate! And the I love all the sparkle on it too! Great punches and the image is just adorable!
Hugs, Danielle

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I just love this cute image Kate and love all the punching and glitter. Fab. Marianne x

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card Kate....such a cute image coloured beautifully....thanks for joining us this week at Just Cute Bears...

Have a lovely weekend
Take care
San x

Doreen said...

A fabulous card.Thanks for sharing with us at Magical Crafts.xxx

Kirsten...x said...

fabulous card love the image...x

Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs kirsten...x

Anonymous said...

Kate! paper lace punching is such a fun thing to do! I was just making some last night...and my daughter was like, 'what are you going to do with all this paper trim mommy?'

and I'll have to show her your adorable card..and she'll see the happy fun of embellishment! right!!!


i think pretty collections of plates and whatnots should be loved and used....yes, they break, but the joy it brings even while just washing my dishes by hand make it all worth the risk in my books!!!!!

thanks for coming by!
ciao bella
creative carmelina

Paper Paradise said...

There are so many great punces available now, you certainly put them to good use. x

Chelsea said...

Hi Kate,
your card is gorgeous!
Those punches are really pretty.
Wonderful coloring and love the sparkle flower.
Luv,
Chelsea

Kat said...

This is gorgeous. I love that sweet image. Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears this week.

Kat x

kaylou said...

Hi
what a stunning card, so beautiful, thank you for joining us at Stampavie and more.
Hugs Kaylou xoxo

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10