Saturday 21 August 2010

A little bit of Birthday Sunshine

Good afternoon to you all
Well when I got up this morning it was hot hot hot but now it is raining again :(

But that did not dull my crafting spirits as I received some really nice comments this morning and today.  

Now I have to mention who from or it will just kill your curiosity :)

Mandy my ex super talented DT bud, who created a simply stunning card using some amazing papers (which can we add, she said I coaxed her into using and that cutting them was a bit of a trauma, but all is well now, even if the bald bits where she had stroked the flock off had to be hidden behind Tilda) go check out the beautiful creation here  (oh and not on Magnolia taken on board too :)  as I do love them)

and

Sue who was having a technical hitch with her receiving her digital images and I am so pleased she has now received them.  Sue had asked me to select three for her and although I follow her blog all the time and love her work, it is still difficult to choose for someone else.  Sue I am pleased you like the ones you received.  

Thanks also to Susan from Robyn's Fetish for ensuring that Sue got her much deserved winning gift (all's well that ends well) :))

I would also like to take an opportunity to say welcome to my two new followers Lia and KML Design.

So you ask yourselves what have I got for you today...............................  well before going to Tilly's for a shop the other day the OH and I popped into Grimsby Crafts where Matt spotted some gorgeous rubber stamp images.  I got two one a girl and one a boy, oh wait till you see the stamp (that is stunning on it's own, I mean without even inking it up - a real old world feel to it) But unable to resist inking, I decided to add another girl birthday card to my collection of just in case I need.  I had noticed so many PINK themed challenges.  (sorry Sam, although as your not quite yourself these days you might actually like this.  For those of you who do not know Sam, pop and have a look at her great work.  Sam does not usually like PINK.........)


Here are the stamps
By Papermania called Nostalgia, so fabulous.

So today I started by using a sketch by  Fussy and Fancy
 I loved the idea of this sketch by Fussy and Fancy

So here is what I created using the sketch.  Of course I got carried away again with all the embellies, but oh if a card is worth doing it is worth adding a bit of everything in your stash - don't you think??
Another easel card I am afraid.  These are again Papermania papers from the Rose Garden Stack a really lovely vintage feel to them.  Sentiment was one I got from winnings at Simon says Stamp it is a really great set.  Pearls from too many shops to mention.  Love the Khanban one's but not many places locally sell them like they use to. Flowers from Wild Orchid, Hobby Craft and A local Department store.  The edging is from a MS punch.  Pins from Hobby House (for all my shopping locations see the page link to "Where I shop above") oh think there is a Nellie die cut there with the front sentiment too.

Here are some close ups
The image has been coloured with the preferred media of copic for their amazing blending ability.  The grass colour is so many greens you would not believe, and all little dots nothing more.

 I am entering this creation into the following challenges also

Anya Ink - A Girl or A Boy (now I am so pleased that the rules have been changed to allow us to use our favorite images and as you all know we have so many of them)

Stampin' for the Weekend - Anything Goes

PaperPlay - Pink to make the boys wink


The Shabby Tea Room - Pink/Cream/Florals - Photo Inspiration

think that it is, so I think I will now go and start the tea................ can feel a curry coming on, although we are popping out later if Matt is not tooooooooooo tired.  Might be back tomorrow, might not depends if I decide to continue with my altered creation which is on order, of if I decide to play with the little boy stamp - wonder which will win ? probably the pile of ironing that I have just washed. Shame you cannot set the ironing to run, like you do the washing machine :(

Well hope your having a lovely day and if you are off out this evening have a lovely time, if like me you are an X factor roadie, don't forget to watch or record this evening

Bye for now my crafting friends.

Kate xx

14 comments:

sam21ski said...

WOW Kate, your colouring is just fabulous, the shades of purple on that dress just look amazing.

We saw these stamps when we went to the show at Doncaster Racecourse and was very tempted then, didn't get any in the end though, but I did notice last week that the Range have them too. I was smitten by the boy with his bubbles and the girl in the puddles

And yeah I'm coming round to PINK, there are some great shades around at the moment, just not keen on the baby pinky ones!!!!!

Lia said...

woww absolutely stunning Love the fantastic stamp kate
hugs Lia

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
me images were spot on thank you so much, gorgeous card i luv the pretty papers ^ design, gorgeous embelies, sue,x

Debbie said...

This is absoltuely breathtaking, Kate! I simply adore the image and how you've colored it in. The embellies are not over the top ... they're just perfect! Such gorgeous colors and details -- thanks for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy and in the Tea Room too :)

Miria said...

Hi, Kate. These Nostalgia stamps are amazing, I read an article about them in a cardmaking magazine. You created a stunning card, I love it. Hugs. Miria

Lisa said...

Hi Kate, what a beautiful card and your embellishments are just perfect! I LOVE that circle border punch and the pretty roses! Thanks for playing with us in the Tea Room!

Audrey Pettit said...

How super sweet your card is! That stamp is adorable and you've done a fantastic job with the coloring. Love the round shape and the scalloped edging, and all those pearls are fabulous. Cute, cute fingers quote, too.
Thanks for sharing this with us at TSTR.

Carolynne said...

These are beautiful stamps. They were on Create and Craft this morning and I am even more tempted to buy them after seeing your card. You have used the stamp so well and the embellishments are lovely too. Thanks for sharing.

Lavender Rose said...

Beautiful card, love the colouring and all the pretty details.

Gunn (Merete) said...

Beautiful, beautiful card. Love the shape of it. The round frame is stunning and a adorble image.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.
*Gunn*

Nicole said...

So pretty! Love that image - and great job coloring! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Sammi said...

This is so sweet! Thanks for joining us at Mad for Markers this month!
Sammi
xxx

Annette Bowes said...

Beautiful easel card Kate (can never have too many lol). Gorgeous colouring and love all your pretty embellishments, thank you for joining us in our Colouring Pink Challenge this month over at Mad for Markers, hope to see you next month, take careX:)

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Gorgeous, so sweet! Thanks for joining us at 'Mad for Markers'.
hugs
Sue x

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10